Friday, 10 May 2013

Why do children like to watch the same movies over and over?



My boys are completely obsessed with 'Lion King' and 'Cars', my one year old barely speaks and already asks for Lion King by actually singing the song from the beginning 'Circle of Life'!!!

Why do they like repetition so much? And is this normal?


2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm 26 years old and I've watched The Lord of the Rings Trilogy at least... Let me see... 5-6 times? And I love it! Same for Babylon 5 (Sci-Fi Series), Harry Potter and other movies. Never get old. So I'd guess it's normal. I've seen many kids with the same "problem".

    Luís

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you don't watch it five to ten times a day, every day. Do you? I know other children who do the same, and I'm not saying it's a problem, I just wonder why it happens....

      Delete